Welcome to my Blogger: English lessons ...E4B... Download documents ...E4B... Videos ...E4B... and all about english ...

Apologizing and promise Expressions

Apologizing and promise Expressions


Apologizing


To apologize is to tell someone that you are sorry for having done something that has caused him inconvenience or unhappiness:

Making apologies:

  • I do apologize for...
  • I'm really sorry
  • I must apologize for...
  • I apologize for...
  • I'd like to apologize for...
  • I am so sorry for...
  • I shouldn't have...
  • It's all my fault.
  • I'm ashamed of...
  • Please, forgive me for...
  • Excuse me for ...
  • I'm terribly sorry for...
  • Pardon me for this...
  • Please, forgive me for my....
  • Please, accept my apologies for...

Accepting apologies:

  • That's all right.
  • Never mind.
  • Don't apologize.
  • It doesn't matter.
  • Don't worry about it.
  • Don't mention it.
  • That's OK.
  • I quite understand.
  • You couldn't help it.
  • Forget about it.
  • Don't worry about it.
  • No harm done.



 promise

Promise is a declaration assuring that one will or will not do something.


Asking for a promise:

- Promise me that you (will get me all the water that i can drink)
-  Do you promise to (take care of the bird if we get one?)
-  Make me a promise,won’t you ?
-  I want you to promise that you’ll (love me forever).
-  Is that a promise ?
-  Do you give me your word on that ?
-  Do you swear that you (won’t forget me ?)

Offering a promise:

-  I promise (i’ll do whatever you want).
-  I promise you that (i’ll try to be on time next time).
-  I promise to (love you endlessly).
-  It’s a promise.
-  I give you my word on that.
-  You have my word on it.
-  I swear that (my love is only for you).


Video

5 ways to apologize in English







share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 15:45 and have 0 comments
comments
0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment