Welcome to my Blogger: English lessons ...E4B... Download documents ...E4B... Videos ...E4B... and all about english ...

Asking for and giving advice expressions

Asking for and giving advice expressions


This activity teaches students expressions of advice (asking for and giving advice.)

1-Asking for advice

What do you think I should do?
What should I do?
What do you suggest?
What do you advise me to do?
If you were me what would you do?
What ought I to do?
Do you think that I should…?


2-Giving Advice

There are several different structures that you can use when giving advice:

Should is probably the most common of the structures for giving advice. After should, and its negative - shouldn't - we use the base form of the infinitive of the verb: 
You should wise up 
We shouldn't cheat 
I think you should put the answers back

Had better is common in spoken English and it is usually used in the contracted 
form .After had better, and its negative - had better not, we use the base form of 
the infinitive of the verb. 
You’d better return the answers to the lecturer 
You’d better not tell anyone that you found them 

If I were you is The version of the second conditional is often used when giving advice: 
If I were you, I’d give them back to the lecturer

If I were you, I wouldn't use the answers


If I were you I would/wouldn't….
If I were in your position I would…
You had better/ you’d better…..
You should…
Your only option is to….
Why don’t you….?
Have you thought about….?
Have you tried…?


Vidoes








share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
Posted by Unknown, Published at 00:48 and have 0 comments
comments
0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment